GUTE AUSSICHTEN 2018/2019
young German photography
13.7.19 - 3.10.19
HOUSE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
For the 15th year in a row, gute aussichten 2018/2019 at the House of Photography will present a range of concepts, aesthetics, and media that exemplify the work of young photographers in Germany. The exhibition features a surprising range of diverse ideas, photographic strategies, as well as formal and media implementations that reflect the status quo of recent photography.
The nine-member jury, which included the renowned photographer Elger Esser and the well-known publisher Gerhard Steidl, chose nine award winners out of 98 submissions from 40 institutions. Despite the diversity of themes and forms, the works share the connecting element of the turning point, which often brings things to a close at the beginning and begins something new at the end.
Once something becomes established, it is difficult to get rid of it – and the same applies to any structure, whether mental or physical. This makes it extremely inspiring that the nine award winners of gute aussichten 2018/2019 all bring a breath of fresh air into a photographic field whose creative potential has clearly not been exhausted by far, despite all the Cassandras who would claim otherwise.
• Lorraine Hellwig / Hochschule München
• Laila Kaletta / Lette-Verein, Berlin
• Patrick Knuchel / Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle
• Benjamin Kummer / Neue Schule für Fotografie, Berlin
• Steve Luxembourg / Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig
• Sina Niemeyer / Hochschule Hannover
• Malte Sänger / Hochschule für Gestaltung, Offenbach/Main
• Robert ter Horst / Fachhochschule Bielefeld
• Anna Tiessen / Ostkreuzschule Berlin
• Holger Jenss / Gute Aussichten Grant II Stipendiat
Image: Anna Tiessen - Kommando Korn, www.guteaussichten.org
Tuesday to Sunday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
1st Thursday of each month – to 9 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
Bus 112 or U1 to station Steinstraße. From there on it will take you only about 2 minutes on foot to the Deichtorhallen.
Use the journey planner of the Hamburg Transport Association, if you would like to use means of public transportation.